Sometimes I wish I had the chance to speak with Mother Teresa, especially right now as I am preparing to enter the mission field. What I wouldn’t give to have just 1 hour with her. I wonder how she did what she did.
· Was she terrified to leave everything she knew, everything that was comfortable, so she could love strangers in a foreign land?
· What were the dreams and desires she sacrificed as she pursued new dreams and desires given by God?
· Did she desire to be married or was she OK with being single?
· What did she pray to God about?
· What made her cry?
· What brought her joy?
· What was her worst day like? How did she get through it?
· What was her best day like?
· What did she think of the world?
· What did she think of the publicity surrounding her?
· Was she ever scared? What made her scared?
· How did she survive? How did God provide?
· What were her final words?
· What advice would she give me?
As I prepare to go on my own journey, as a foreigner to another foreign land, I can’t help but wonder….
· Will they accept me?
· How will they treat me?
· Can I love them the way Jesus does?
· Will they accept the message I have for them?
· Will they know Jesus loves them?
I’m terrified and excited all at the same time!
“The lips of the righteous feed many But fools die for lack of understanding.” ~Proverbs 10:21
Post a Comment